Hello crafty friends! Happy New Year!!
Anat here with a new step by step tutorial for Lindy’s. In this video I will show how I altered a Wooden house-shaped frame in Shabby Style, using lots of shakers and some other Lindy’s products.
Let’s get started…
- First, cut the House shape from a Resist Canvas – Lindy’s matches gorgeously on it!
- To color it I use water and 2 Lindy’s shakers: Oom Pah pah Pink and California Poppy Gold
- Cover the Frame with White Heavy Gesso
- Dry it and add pieces of different Washi Tapes
- Spread randomly, White Crackle paste
- When dry I add to the cracked frame my favorite Lindy’s Medieval Gold Glitz Spray
tip: In case you are not familiar with the Glitz Sprays: These sprays contain just the shimmer! so they are perfect when you don’t want to add color, only shimmer
- I have picked some Dusty Attic’s Chipboards and primed them with White Heavy Gesso
- To color the chippies I used Lindy’s Shakers, starting with: Alpine Ice Rose
tip: To get Shabby-Pastel colors, I sprayed on top Lindy’s Sidewalk Chalk Spray, instead of water.
Next I used the Amazing Glittering Gold Shaker. On the Window I used Time Travel Teal Shaker.
- I decided to add some texture on the chipboards for that I’m using Lindy’s embossing powders.
tip: I’m using Versamark pen because I don’t to cover all chipboard
First I used Starbright Gold Green Lindy’s EP, and next C’est la Vie Cerise Lindy’s EP
- Instead of using colored flowers I grabbed white paper flowers and dyed them with the same shakers I used previously: Oom Pah pah Pink, Glittering Gold, Guten Tag Teal
Here again I spray Lindy’s Sidewalk Chalk, to soften the colors
- Another embellishment to be colored are the resin mould pieces. I mix a bit of White Heavy Gesso with Lindy’s Loonie Toonie Teal Squirt
tip: As the Squirts are thick but still liquid they are perfect for this purpose
Dry and add on top a bit of the same Squirt, to get a two-tuned pieces
- Now it is time to put everything together
I made a video tutorial so you can watch every step of the creation process:
Here are some close-ups, where you can see all the Fabulous shimmer and more details:
- Embossing Powders: Starbright Gold Green, C’est la Vie Cerise
- Glitz Sprays: Medieval Gold Glitz
- Flat Fabio sprays: Sidewalk Chalk
- Squirts: Loonie Toonie Teal
- Shakers: Glittering Gold, Oom Pah pah Pink. California Poppy Gold, Alpine Ice Rose, Time Travel Teal, Guten Tag Teal
- Dusty Attic Chipboards, Finnabair-Prima Soft Gel, Finnabair-Prima White Heavy Gesso, Finnabair-Prima White Crackle Paste, Finnabair-Prima Art Stones and Micro Beads, Prima mold
Thanks for stopping by!
2 thoughts on “Altering a House Frame in Shabby Chic Style with Anat”