This is my first inspiration for Lindy’s and I’m very excited. It’s a great honor and I’m glad that I can be here with you.
I have created a rustic altered frame in a shabby chic style for you and I’ve added a photo of an old house. It was great fun playing with castings and Lindy’s mists to create this.
- I painted transparent gesso on to the castings.
- After drying, I added color: Phantom Fuchsia, Bayon Boogie Gold, Hi Maintenance Magenta and dried.
- I glued it all onto the frame using a gel medium.
- I added liquid glass and to get a rustic effect I brushed with white gesso.
- To get shadows in the design I mixed liquid acrylic with Magicals- Autumn Leaves and Red hot poker orange
Take a look at my video tutorial for more detail.
Close-ups so you can see the details…
- Starburst: Bayon Boogie Gold, Hi Maintenance Magenta
- Moon Shadow Mist: Phantom Fuchsia
- Magicals: Autumn Leaves
- Craft O’Clock paper – Hummingbird Song, Ranger – glossy accents, Finnabair – Gesso Clear, Finnabair White Gesso, Finnabair 3 D matt Gel, Finnabair, Liquid glass- Finnabair Mould – Prima, Artistiko- chipboard .
Hoping you’ve enjoyed my post!
2 thoughts on “Altered Art Frame using Mists and Magicals with Karolina”
Thank you so much <3
I am crazy about this!! It is absolutely gorgeous!!!!