Hi gorgeous Lindy’s friends!
It’s Olga Ravenskaya here with my new project and video tutorial.
While it’s dull and cold outside I’ve created a bright art brush while dreaming of warm and sunny days. I’ve picked teal and yellow colors for this and as a great complementary color to any color combo – grey.
- Prime the brush and all the chipboard elements with white gesso.
- Apply the texture paste on the brush here and there to create a textured surface.
- After fully drying apply the first layer of colors with sprays, using a brush for more control. I’ve used Gag Me With a Spoon Grey, Black Orchid Silver for the top and Tainted Love Teal for the lower part.
- Let it dry and add the second layer to intensify colors using the same sprays.
- While it’s wet sprinkle over a small amount of decoupage silver metallic powder to add some metal look.
- When fully dry, apply white crackle paste here and there on the surface of the brush. Later – color those parts with sprays using a thin brush.
- Then stamp the surface to add more interest with black water-resistant ink.
- Color the die cut flowers with Bonjour Butter, Bling-y Blonde, Sassy Sapphire Sprays and die cut leaves – with Black Orchid Silver and Tainted Love Teal just spraying them from the bottles.
- Dry well and emboss them partially using Luminous Lemon, Desert Moon Turquoise, Midnight Teal and Guten Tag Teal EPs.
- Color the chipboard elements with Gag Me With a Spoon Grey, Black Orchid Silver and Tainted Love Teal sprays mixing them with each other.
- Build up the composition on the brush and glue on all the embellishments.
- As the flowers look a bit dull – tint them and give them the shimmer with Gag Me With a Spoon Grey, Black Orchid Silver, Bling-y Blonde and Tainted Love sprays.
- Add some splashes with the same sprays.
- And to finish, add some mini prills and sprinkle over with a teal dry glitter.
Here is my process video so you can watch:
And some close-ups as a little inspiration.
- Starburst: Black Orchid Silver, Gag Me With a Spoon Grey, Tainted Love Teal, Sassy Sapphire, Bling-y Blonde
- Flat Fabio: Bonjour Butter
- EPs: Bonjour Butter, Luminous Lemon, Guten Tag Teal, Desert Moon Turquoise, Midnight Teal
- Ranger Opaque Crackle Paste, Ranger Distress Grit-Paste, Ranger Multi Medium Gloss, Liquitex White Gesso, Prima Marketing flowers and papers, Studia Prosto Nebo chipboard, Mini Prills, Finnabair Glitter.
Hoping you’ve enjoyed my post!
Thank you for stopping by!