Today I’m up on Lindy’s Gang blog with a new mixed media scrapbooking layout. I’ve been playing with the new chunky embossing powders, and I just love the result!
- Stamp with different stamps with grey and black ink
- Prime the background with clear gesso
- Color the background with Tainted Love Teal, Burnished Brass, and Hockey Puck Black. Use a baby wipe to blend the colors
- Next, add a design with a stencil and modeling paste
- Emboss the background chipboard with Silence is Golden EP
- Color the flowers lightly with Hockey Puck Black
- Die-cut different leaves and color them with the different inks
- Add a drop of hot glue at the end of each twig and sprinkle with Caesar’s Gold EP
- Heat emboss carefully to avoid the hot glue melting
- Emboss the flowery branches with Desert Moon Turquoise EP
- Start to build your composition and glue everything with 3D Matte gel
- To finish the layout, add some microbeads and sequins.
And here is the step-by-step video:
- Starburst – Tainted Love Teal
- Squirts – Hockey Puck Black
- Moon Shadow Mist – Burnished Brass
- Magical Shaker – Bratwurst Brown, Antique Bronze
- Embossing powders – Silence is Golden EP, Desert Moon Turquoise EP, Caesar’s Gold EP.