Hi Gang! It’s Cindy here and today I would like to take you, our Lindy’s fans, on a fun and colorful adventure. Using a photo as inspiration and my favorite colors Lindy’s Gang Squirts and embossing powders. I’ve created a video for you guys but I also have some close-up photo’s to see more details for this art journal page.
- Start with a blank page or use a different flat surface, you can create this page on practically any background
- Choose a nice photo and a number of matching die-cuts that you’re going to use. I used the photo as inspiration for the colors I worked with
- The first layer consists of pieces of rice paper. If you moisten it with water and a clean brush, it will tear more easily and nicer than if you use scissors.
- Glue the pieces of paper using soft gel
- Apply texture with light paste, this won’t make the page as heavy as other pastes will.
- I used a large glue pen and gilding flakes to create a beautiful golden and bronze effect
- Apply several layers of embossing powder to a piece of chipboard, using two layers of Prima Donna Purple and one layer of Hollyhock Scarlet Plum.
- I also use ultra thick embossing enamel as a top layer, this creates a super glossy look!
- Then use two colors of Squirts which I don’t apply directly on the paper but diluted with water and a brush, thoroughly dry the layers in between
- Use several stamps to make it a little more interesting, make sure to use Archival ink or some other water poof ink
- Finally, glue everything on to the page and add some nice sequins as the finishing touch.
Check out the video below and scroll a bit further down for some more photos.
- Squirts: Polite People Purple // Canadian Bacon Blush
- Embossing Powders: Hollyhock Scarlet Plum // Prima Donna Purple
Rice paper, Soft Gel Medium, Ultra Thick Embossing Enamel, Versamark ink, die-cuts, sequins, chip-board, stamps, archival ink.