Hi dear Lindy’s gang 🙂
It’s my turn here on Lindy’s blog today. The spring is in the air here in Slovenia. Actually there is something between autumn and spring here for the last half of year 😀 When I was little we had beautiful winters here, with lots of snow and we had so much fun. But for the last few years winters are really really mild and we barely see some snow. So I’m all in spring mood allready and this is why today I made for you a beautiful altered butterfly on Woodouts mdf base, to maybe inspire you and bring some spring to you also.
- First I covered my butterfly base with a coat of White Gesso and let it dry.
- Then I added some white crackle paste on top. I let my crackle paste coat dry on air, because crackles are much more visible this way.
- After my crackle coat was dry I added some soft gel to add some cheese cloth in the middle of my butterfly. On top I added some white sand texture paste and some art stones and let it all dry well.
- Then I started adding my colors, from lighter to the darker one. First I added some yellow with “Pineapple paradise” magical powder from “Caribbean cruise” flat set. Then I applied some “Steampunk sepia” magical powder at the edges here and there. On top I went a bit with “Maple Syrup Bronze” Squirts to add some darker shading. I added some darker yellow-orange touches in the middle of my butterfly with “Summer Lovin sun” Flat Fabio spray.
- After all layers of color were dry I did some dry-brushing on top with White Gesso to tone colors down a bit and blend them together.
- I added some chipboard pieces and some flowers in the middle to form a main composition and dry-gessoed it a bit more.
- My last step was adding some white splatters with diluted acrylic paint and a quote.
Here are some detailed photos for you:
- Flat Fabio sprays: Summer Lovin Sun
- Starburst Squirts: Maple Syrup Bronze
- Magicals: Pineapple paradise from Caribbean cruise flat set, Steampunk Sepia from Industrial Chic Shimmer set
I hope you liked the inspiration that I prepared for you today!
I also have a step-by-step video for you to watch.
Thank you for stopping by. Enjoy your days and see you again soon!