Hi dear friends!
It’s Olga Ravenskaya here with you with my new project and video step-by-step devoting upcoming spring.
I’m totally in love with new Lindy’s Magicald set – Alexandra’s Artists set with its beautiful and soft colors. I’ve used Andrea’s Azalea and Jana’s Jade magicals mixing them with my favorite Edelweiss Moss Green to create a sunny and cheerful mood in my spring canvas.
- Prime the surface of the wooden piece, clay elements and all the chipboard with white gesso.
- Apply opaque sand paste over the surface here and there using the palette knife.
- When dry, apply two different patterns using opaque texture paste through the stencils.
- Let it dry completely and color the surface with Cape Cod Coral, Pink Ladies Pink, Azure Sea Asters and Whale Watch Blue sprays using a medium brush for more control. Let the sprays mix with each other.
- Let it dry again, then mix Andrea’s Azalea and Jana’s Jade Magicals with a little water and apply the second layer of colors.
- Make your own colored pastes mixing the same Magicals with white crackle paste. Apply the mixtures over the fully dry surface with a palette knife here and there.
- After drying stamp the surface to add more interest with a grey water-resistant inks.
- Color the clay watch, chipboard and fabric flowers with Magicals and Sprays.
- Alter all the chipboard using the embossing powders.
- Build up the composition and glue on all the embellishments.
- Add some art stones and mini prills using soft gloss gel.
- Mix Andrea’s Azalea, Jana’s Jade and Edelweiss Moss Green Magicals with little water and tint the background here and there, and also some elements like leaves, flowers using a thin brush.
- Add splashes of the same sprays using a fan brush.
Here is my process video so you can watch:
- Starbursts: Edelweiss Moss Green, Green With Envy Green, Cape Cod Coral, Azure Sea Asters, Whale Watch Blue
- Flat Fabio: Pink Ladies Pink, Curiouser Chartreuse
- Chunky EP: Chalk It Up
- EP: Lapis Lazuli Blue Gold, Geranium Coral Blush, Spring Leaf Chartreuse, Ghouly Goblin Green
- Magicals: Andrea’s Azalea, Jana’s Jade, Edelweiss Moss Green
- Liquitex White Gesso, Finnabair White Sand paste, Ranger White Crackle paste, Ranger White Texture paste, AB Studio papers, Rukodelushka flowers, Scrapiniec chipboard, lace, art stones, mini prills.
Hoping you all enjoyed my post and video!
Thank you for stopping by!
Happy colorful spring!