Hi beautiful Lindy’s friends!
Svetlana here on the Lindy’s blog today to show you the process of creating this layered mixed-media card. I’m not sure that I will present this project as a gift card because I think perhaps it can be used as a beautiful album cover. Let me show you how to make this for yourself.
- Cover all the wooden and clay elements with white gesso
- Paint paper flowers and leaves with Whale Watch Blue and Cotton Candy Pink from SWEET TREATS set
- Mix some texture paste with Midnight Rendezvous from TOTALLY 80’S set and Karin’s Coral from Alexandra’s Artists set
- Cover the frame with DON’T SCREAM AQUAMARINE EP
- Apply these two handmade colorful texture pastes through the stencil to create an interesting background
- Add some sprays over this background to add color
- Mix Midnight Rendezvous from TOTALLY 80’S set with white and black gesso to make handmade acrylic paint
- Apply this paint to a window base to get an interesting colorful effect
- Stamp black text on a small window and then cover it with Clearly Clear Embossing Powder
- Cover the letters with Chateau Rose Embossing Powder
- Scratch the window base with a palette knife to make it more vintage
- Glue together all the elements adding some lace and flowers
- I like adding different small elements on the top of the projects so this time I decided to use DON’T SCREAM AQUAMARINE EP as a kind of a topping
- Feel free to add some splashes with white gesso!
- Sprays: Whale Watch Blue, and Cafe au Lait
- Magicals: Midnight Rendezvous from TOTALLY 80’S set, Cotton Candy Pink from SWEET TREATS set and Karin’s Coral from Alexandra’s Artists set
- Embossing Powder: Clearly Clear, Chateau Rose and DON’T SCREAM AQUAMARINE
I hope you like my card and the tutorial. Thank you very much for reading. I’m really looking forward to your feedback!