Hello Gang! Yulianna Efremova here and I’m so excited to be here and show you another great project as a Lindy’s Master Educator.
For this month’s project, I’m going to show you how to make this Mixed Media Cookbook cover. I’ve colored this project with Embossing powder from Lindy’s, using colors Cool Man Copper, Gimme Five Gold, Silence is Golden Chunky, Boogie Down Black, Cafe au Lait, Chalk It Up, Slam Dunk Silver, Silver Moon Sapphire and Starbursts Maple Syrup Bronze, Alpine Ice Rose, Yellow Rose of Texas, Mission Bells Brown, and Flat Sprays Blazing Black to add color to my page. You could create a similar piece with your favorite colors or theme.
I wanted to make it easy for you to make something like this yourself, so I’ve filmed a video so you can see just what to do to make a beautifully textured page like this.
- Apply texture paste to paper base
- Add a gauze bandage coated in white gesso to the base
- Add paste through stencils or masks and while still wet pour-over embossing powder and heat set
- Spray background with Lindy’s sprays to add color, once dry cut to size
- Tint the edges with a stamp pad
- Make a cover with a flap on top (watch the video for more info on this)
- Coat chipboard with embossing powders
- Glue the chipboard to the background
- Embossing powder Cool Man Copper, Gimme Five Gold, Silence is Golden Chunky, Boogie Down Black, Cafe au Lait, Chalk It Up, Slam Dunk Silver, Silver Moon Sapphire
- Starbursts Maple Syrup Bronze, Alpine Ice Rose, Yellow Rose of Texas, Mission Bells Brown
- Flat Sprays Blazing Black
- Paper, texture paste, mask, stamp pad, paper, fabric, chipboard, button
I hope you have enjoyed this creative CookBook idea.