Hello dear Lindy’s gang friends,
I know this is a hard time for a lot of people around the world. Most of the countries are battling Corona virus and dealing with healt issues and quarantines. Our lives are suddenly not what they used to be anymore. But in this difficult times I want to encourage you to not lose your Dreams and Hopes. Continue dreaming and continue believing. This times shall pass and there will again be a rainbow at the end of the clouds. So with that beeing sad I’m sharing today with you a piece of an altered Wooden slice, to encourage you along the way. I hope you’ll like it.
- First I dry-brushed some white gesso on top of my Wooden slice.
- Then I added a piece of dark paper and a piece of corrugated cardboard. I covered them with a coat of clear gesso to prepare them for colors and mediums.
- For a bit of an added texture I added some White sand Texture paste.
- Then I added some coloring with two different shades of Lindy’s Magical Shakers – Antique Gold and Grab a Guy Gold.
- I covered my chipboard piece with leaves with a coat of white gesso, sprinkled with Midnight Pewter embossing powder, heated, covered some parts again with a coat of clear gesso, sprinkled again with Midnight Pewter embossing powder and heated again.
- I colored another branch of my chipboard piece with Maple Syrup Bronze Squirts.
- After all the colors were dry I started building my composition with some paper cut outs, some embellishments and some natural elements.
- At the end I added some white splashes with diluted acrylic paint.
Here are some detailed photos for you:
- Magical Shakers: Antique Gold, Grab a Guy Gold
- Starburst Squirts: Maple Syrup Bronze
- Embossing powders: Midnight Pewter
I hope you liked the inspiration that I prepared for you today!
I also have a step-by-step video for you to watch.
Thank you for stopping by. Enjoy your days as much as you can and take care of yourselves and your dear ones! Stay safe!