Anat here sharing my new project with a Step by Step video tutorial showing how you can alter a wooden plate to create a fabulous mixed media wall decor piece. In this video, I’m creating a unique background using 2 fabulous Lindy’s Mists.
So let’s start…
- Prime the wooden plate with White Heavy Gesso, to make it translucent add water
- Add texture with paste and stencil to add some interest
- Time to add color to the plate, starting with Treasure Island Aqua Moonshadow Spray and then add Buccaneer Bay Blue Moonshadow Mist
- To highlight the texture I used Old White Matte Wax
- Add stamping using Black Archival Ink and background stamps
- Cover all embellishments with black gesso, and brush them with White Gesso to highlight all details
- To add amazing copper effect to the elements, use Embossing pen together with Detail Super Fine Embossing Powder – Cool Man Copper
- Build the composition with all elements
- Add colors to the elements: Danny Zuko’s Denim Flat Fabio Spray, Poutine Gold Squirt
- Rub a bit of White Matte Wax or Dry Brush Gesso
- Adhere some Melange Art Pebbles, cover them with Clear Gesso
- Mix a bit of Bodacious Blush Magical with water and brush the Art Pebbles, with the mixture
- Add Copper Microbeads using Soft Gel and YAY the project is ready!!
Watch here the Step by Step video tutorial:
Here are some more pictures and closeups:
- Embossing Powders: Cool Man Copper
- Vintage Moon Shadow Sprays: Treasure Island Aqua , Buccaneer Bay Blue
- Flat Spray: Danny Zuko’s Denim
- Squirts: Poutine Gold
- Magicals: Bodacious Blush
- Finnabair White Crackle Paste, Finnabair Oriental Wall Stencil, Finnabair White Heavy Gesso, Finnabair Melange Art Pebbles, Ranger Black Archival ink, background stamps, Metal and Resin pieces
Thanks for stopping by!