Hello, Alicja here, today I’m up on Lindy’s Gang blog with a new mixed media creation – the altered violin. I wanted to get a vintage style on this project, so I decided on an olive green and brown color combination.
- Prime the base with white gesso.
- Add color to the background with sprays (listed at the end of the post)
- Apply modeling paste through a stencil
- Apply the crackle and texture paste on the brush here and there to create a textured surface.
- Use embossing powders to color all of the chipboard pieces
- Paint resin shapes with black gesso, Starbust spray and apply golden Squirt on the top
- Start creating the composition with paper elements, chipboards, resin castings
- Add glitter, gold microbeads and art stones
Here is my video:
- Embossing powders: Starbright Gold Green
- Sprays: Green with Envy Green, Burnished Brass
- Squirts: Poutine Gold
- Magical powders: Dark Chocolate Truffle
- Fabryka Weny chipboards, SnipArt Base, Renesans gel medium, Finnabair glitter, Decoart crackle sand paste, Finnabair white gesso and stone effect paste, Prima molds, Craft o Clock paper elements
I hope you will like the project!
3 thoughts on “Mixed Media Altered Violin with Alicja”
Thank you so much ladies! 🙂
This is so beautiful!
You are VERY talented!