Hi beautiful Lindy’s friends!
Svetlana here on the Lindy’s blog today to show you the process of creating a mixed-media canvas. I wanted to add more sun in my projects, so I decided to dedicate my canvas to spring. I used all natural colors of this season: yellow, green and brown. These colors remind me of natural elements such a growing grass and shining sun.
Process video so you can watch and create your own canvas.
- Choose a napkin with your favorite motif and tear it into several pieces.
- Glue the pieces of napkin onto your canvas with some clear medium or glue.
- Add some white acrylic paint or gesso here and there on your background.
- Stamp with black and grey archival ink on your background.
- Apply sand texture paste through the stencil, leaving your napkin’s pattern visible.
- While your texture paste is wet sprinkle Midnight Gold EP on it and melt it with your embossing dryer.
- Pour Beaver Tail Brown Squirt and add Glittering Gold Shaker. You can sprinkle some water over it to make it float.
- Before making my project I dyed the cut element (chair) and a tassel with Bonjour Butter Flat Spray and Summer Lovin’ Sun Flat Spray.
- To make my chipboard elements interesting I applied two embossing powders on them: Chalk It Up Chunky EP and Scotch Broom Yellow EP.
- Now we can get together all the elements in one composition. I love adding pieces of lace and leaves between layers.
- When my composition is ready and glued together I add small pearls, glitter and stones. I can highlight some elements with wax and white gesso.
- Sprays: Summer Lovin’ Sun Flat Spray, and Bonjour Butter Flat Spray.
- Squirt: Beaver Tail Brown.
- Embossing Powders: Chalk It Up Chunky EP, Midnight Gold EP, Scotch Broom Yellow EP.
- Shaker: Glittering Gold.
I hope you like my canvas and the tutorial. Thank you very much for reading. I’m really looking forward to your feedback!