Hello dear Lindy’s friends,
It’s Aleksandra again with you here on Lindy’s blog. I hope you are all doing well. We are kind of in some strange times right now, when each one of us is trying our best to stay positive, stay safe and healthy and despite all the circumstances enjoy the time as much as possible. In Slovenia we are in full quarantine still, but things are getting better and I wholeheartedly hope, things will soon get better for us all. But until that happens, I have time to stay inside and create more.
So for today, I made this lovely mixed media altered Window wooden panel, and I included a beautiful quote that really lifted me up: “Strength doesn’t come from what you can do, it comes from overcoming the things you once thought you couldn’t (Rikki Rogers).
I hope it will do the same for you too!
- First I added some Graphite texture paste on my wooden frame and dried it well.
- Then I covered everything with a coat of white gesso, using a dry brush and again dried it well.
- Next, I added Lindy’s embossing powder Raspberry Lemonade, on top of the frame and heated it so that it melted onto the surface. After that, I used some Permanent brown distress ink to darken the edges a bit.
- After the Window frame was done, I attached it to a piece of paper.
- I used a beautiful Dusty Attic swirl chipboard piece for the base of my composition. I first covered it with white gesso using a dauber and when dry I colored it with Andrea’s Azalea magical from Alexandra’s artists Magical set.
- I glued it down to my window frame and embellished everything with some paper flowers and paper cuts.
- As a finishing touch, I dry-brushed everything a bit with some dry gesso and added a few white splatters with diluted acrylic paint.
Here are some detailed photos for you:
I also have a step-by-step video for you to watch.
I hope you liked the inspiration that I prepared for you today!
Thank you for stopping by. Enjoy your days as much as you can and take care of yourselves and your dear ones! Stay safe!