Hi gorgeous friends!
Hoping you are doing well, safe and healthy!
It’s Olga Ravenskaya here with my new project and video tutorial. I’ve created a beautiful mixed media tag with hand made tracing paper butterflies to welcome the upcoming summer, using some of the beautiful colors and products from Lindy’s.
- Prime the surface of the wooden tag, clay elements and all the chipboard with white gesso.
- Apply Distress Grit-Paste over the surface here and there using the palette knife.
- Apply white sand paste over the wooden arch and make a texture using a brick stencil.
- Fix and cover a sheet of a tracing paper with clear gesso. After its dry, stamp it with a water-resistant ink using background stamps.
- Spray over a stamped tracing paper with I’m Late, I’m Late Slate, Salt Water Taffy, Pop Pink Purple, and Gag Me With a Spoon Gray Sprays. Remove excesses of the sprays and then add some splashes.
- Mix Tea Pot Purple and Salt Water Taffy Magicals with a paste and apply them through the stencil on the upper part of the tag.
- Add Tweedle Dee Denim and Whale Watch Blue Magicals with the Distress Grit Paste and apply them on the lower part of the tag.
- When the tracing paper dries – cut out butterflies using dies and give them a shape using a pencil.
- Color the tag using Chateau Rose, Salt Water Taffy, Gag Me With a Spoon Gray, Moonlit Mulberry, and Tweedle Dee Denim Sprays.
- Color the clay element and the arch using Tea Pot Purple, Tweedle Dee Denim, and Whale Watch Blue Magicals.
- Alter the chipboard lantern and a lower part of the tag Chip Off the Old Black Chunky EP.
- Stamp the surface of the tag with different text stamps.
- Build up the composition and glue on all the embellishments.
- Add some toppings and tint flowers with Salt Water Taffy and Pop Rock Purple Sprays.
Here is my process video – hoping you’ll enjoy it.
And some photos so you can see the detials.
- Starbursts: Salt Water Taffy, Gag Me With a Spoon Gray
- Flat Fabio: Pop Rock Purple, Tweedle Dee Denim, Chateau Rose, I’m Late, I’m Late Slate
- Moon Shadow: Moonlit Mulberry
- Chunky EP: Chip Off the Old Black
- Magicals: Salt Water Taffy, Tea Pot Purple, Whale Watch Blue, Tweedle Dee Denim
- Liquitex White Gesso, Finnabair White Sand paste, Ranger Distress Grit paste, Ranger Transparent Texture paste, Prosto Nebo Studio chipboard, hand-made fabric flowers, lace, microbeads, mini prills.
Hoping you’ve enjoyed my post!
Thank you for stopping by!
2 thoughts on “Butterfly Tag Tutorial with Olga Ravenskaya”
Thank you so much!
It’s very tender, thanks for the inspiration!!!