Hello beautiful people:) I hope you are more or less back to normal and staying safe! Let’s spice up things a little and do something different today, stamping with Magicals! This post is a small reminder of project I did almost two years ago, for Lindy’s, where I stamped also without ink. This technique is great fun and it can change your project a lot! The secret, as always, lies in stamps and the amount of water you’ll add.
I made for you a process video when I create without any previous drafts and the first effect I get it really is amazing; this is also a very easy technique, so don’t feel overwhelmed.
Let’s have a look at few basic steps:
- Prepare your page, taking care to cover the surfaces which you don’t want to get dirty during the process
- I added some beautiful pieces of paper to add more interest to the page
- Choose the stamps for this process wisely, they have to be of good quality, stamping clear images, the best stamps are the “full-bodied” ones, for example, stamps of full flowers, leaves, etc. But just experiment and see what happens. Some stamps are going surprise you in a good way!
- Start adding Magicals to the stamp, I used two ways to do that- with my finger, smooshing the powder onto the dry stamp and later with a dry brush, again spreading the powder onto the stamp; I also mixed two colors together on one stamp: Sea Grass Green for leaves and Cape Code Coral for the flower
- Use some sort of spritzer, the best are the small ones as they do not spray all over the place and stay more focused, then spray one to three times, do not overflow with water and once again the secret here is to try and find your own way
- Place the stamp onto the paper, stamp well, take away and let it dry
- Repeat the process as many times as you need it. I also added some fluffy lines to the flowers after they dried. I wanted them to be more striking as my background paper was quite dark
- Once finished with stamping ( I added some more stamping in the background with another Magical: Blazing Black), I worked on my composition adding other elements, adhering all to the pages and finally finishing with a splatter- apart from above-mentioned Magicals I also used a white splatter with Sidewalk Chalk.
Here are the photos of the finished page and underneath you’ll find a link to my process video:
Link to my video:
Maremi’s Small Art ARTechnique paper and word stickers, Rubber dance stamps: Weed Love & Antique Botanicals, KeiserCraft acetate elements- Whisper Collection, Uni Pen 01
Thank you so much for stopping by!
Have a beautiful, sunny day!