Hello Gang! Yulianna Efremova here and I’m so excited to be here and show you another great project as a Lindy’s Master Educator.
For this month’s project, I’m going to show you how to make this Mixed Media Cookbook cover. I’ve colored this project with Embossing powder from Lindy’s, using colors Embossing powder Byzantine Bronze, Bratwurst Brown, Groovy Granite, Chip Off the Old Black and Squirts Maple Syrup Bronze, Starbursts: Silent Night Silver, Azure Sea Asters, Mission Bells Brown, Flat Spray: Blazing Black to add color to my page. You could create a similar piece with your favorite colors or theme.
I wanted to make it easy for you to make something like this yourself, so I’ve filmed a video so you can see just what to do to make a beautifully textured cover like this one.
- Apply texture paste to the paper base
- Add a gauze bandage coated in white gesso to the base
- Add paste through stencils or masks and while still wet pour-over embossing powder and heat set
- Spray background with Lindy’s sprays to add color, once dry cut to size
- Tint the edges with a stamp pad
- Make a cover with a flap on top (watch the video for more info on this)
- Coat chipboard with embossing powders
- Glue the chipboard to the background
- Embossing powder: Byzantine Bronze, Bratwurst Brown, Groovy Granite, Chip Off the Old Black
Squirts: Maple Syrup Bronze
- Starbursts: Silent Night Silver, Azure Sea Asters, Mission Bells Brown
- Flat Spray: Blazing Black
- Paper, texture paste, mask, stamp pad, paper, fabric, chipboard, button