Hi dear crafty friends! Julia Kissel is here. Today I want to talk about the lovely natural environment.
During these weeks in lockdown, fish and dolphins returned to Venice’s canals (which are more clear than they have been in years) and air on the planet became cleaner because so many factories were closed. This is an occasion to think about ecology and further human behavior and our effect on nature. Let’s take care of our planet!
My page is dedicated to this idea and uses Lindy’s Magical Shakers, Embossing powders and sprays to help in my work. I’d love to see your art created with this theme (using Lindy’s of course) – please share your nature-themed art in our FaceBook Group.
I made a video tutorial for you. Enjoy!
- Cover with clear gesso all surface of the paper
- Add random stamped images. Used clear embossing ink pad and Lindy’s Embossing powders: Geranium Coral Blush, Tannenbaum Green Gold, Midnight Gold EP
- Paint the background using fantastic Magical Shakers. Used colors: Bratwurst Brown, Alpine Ice Rose, Cathedral Pines Green, Stormy Silver. Let it dry
- Stick the layout to thick cardboard and sew them together
- Compile the composition and glue decor elements. Use dry flowers, natural materials, fabric and stick them on a medium
- Cover the chipboards with two types of embossing powders. Used Tannenbaum Green Gold and Geranium Coral Blush
- Cover another chipboard with Tin Roof, Rusted! Chunky EP. It creates a great result!
- Make some drops with white acrylic paint
- Create shadows with Cattail Copper Brown Shimmer Spray or another brown Lindy’s spray
- Make the final result more interesting by adding highlights to the texture with a white medium and your project is ready!
- Magical Shakers: Bratwurst Brown, Alpine Ice Rose, Cathedral Pines Green, Stormy Silver
- Spray: Cattail Copper Brown Shimmer Spray
- Embossing powders: Geranium Coral Blush, Tannenbaum Green Gold, Midnight Gold EP
- 7DotsStudio paper, Finnabair Clear Medium, paints and waxes, Derevyashki_bumazhki piece and chipboards, 49Market flowers
Thank you for attention!