Hello, dear friends!
This is Maria Lillepruun with you today, and I am here to present my new project for my beloved Lindy´s Gang! This time I prepared a fantasy neo-vintage scrapbook layout with a picture of my dear father, dressed like a medieval Hanseatic merchant.
Here is a step-by-step video:
- First, I arranged the background of my layout, combining together two sheets of beautiful patterned paper. I created an arch out of one of the sheets.
- I covered the patterned paper with the matte gel in order to protect it because I planned to use some mixed media stuff on it.
- After that, I added some shimmering texture here and there, using a texture paste with golden glitter and two corresponding stencils.
- While the texture paste was drying, I decided to prepare the embellishments. I dyed the chipboard very quickly black, using the Lindy´s Gang Starburst Spray Midnight Rendevous Raven. Then I added some thicker paint onto the wet chipboard, using the Emerald Eh?! squirt. And when all was dry, I covered the colored chipboard with the Clearly Clear embossing powder. Now they were sealed and looked like little dark candies.
- Later, I went on decorating the background of the layout. I sprayed the Cattail Copper Brown Starburst Spray onto the areas that had been previously enhanced with the shimmering texture paste. The spray ink looks great on top of the golden base. The Oh Canada Crimson squirt added even more drama to the background.
- Then, I arranged the photo and all the embellishments in a curious composition on the layout. By the way, the mushrooms and flowers are handmade by my friends! When everything was set, I blended the embellishments by retouching them with the same Cattail Copper Brown and adding some glitter and liquid glass drops as minor accents.
And here are some close-ups of my fairy tale on paper:
- Squirts: Oh Canada Crimson, Emerald Eh?!
- Starburst Sprays: Cattail Copper Brown, Midnight Rendevous Raven
- EP: Clearly Clear
- Patterned paper and chipboard “Fleeting Moments” (Craft O´Clock), 3D Matte Gel (Prima Marketing Inc), 3D Gel with glitter and red liquid drops (Fabrika Decoru), Distress Ink and Oxide, Archival Ink (Ranger), embossing ink (Tsukineko), clear text stamp, chipboard (Wycinanka), handmade flowers and mushrooms, metallic embellishments, broken jewelry pieces.
Thank you very much for your attention!
All the best,