Hi gorgeous friends!
It’s Olga Ravenskaya here with my new project and video tutorial using Lindy’s products.
Who else is dreaming of the seaside holidays like me?! Reflecting of the sea, sunshine and lazy days I’ve created bright and joyful Starfish using Lindy’s Magicals, Embossing Powders and Squirts.
- Prime the surface of the wooden starfish and all the chipboard with white gesso.
- Create texture using quartz beads and soft gloss medium.
- Mix the Magicals with transparent textured paste to get a semi-transparent color pastes.
- Apply those pastes over the surface here and there through a stencil using a palette knife.
- Sprinkle several colors of Magicals over the surface using a fan brush and add water to activate them.
- Repeat the previous step to get more intense colors.
- Emboss the surface using a circle stamp and different colors of embossing powders.
- Add splashes of colors using sprays.
- Paint the seashells and metal embellishments with Squirts.
- Alter the chipboard with different colors of embossing powders.
- Build up the composition and glue on all the embellishments.
- Add beads and sequins to finish the work.
Here is my process video, hoping you’ll enjoy it!
And some close-ups as a little inspiration.
- Magicals: Hawaiian Islands set,
- Squirts: Loonie Toonie Teal, Oh Canada Crimson, Poutine Gold
- Sprays: Time Travel Teal, Magical Mai Tai
- EPs: Purely White, Desert Moon Turquoise, Caesar’s Gold, Jack o’Lantern Orange
- Liquitex White Gesso, Finnabair Soft Gloss Gel, Ranger Transparent Texture Paste, Prima Marketing paper, Tilda paper, Pastel Flowers fabric flowers, Petaloo International flowers, Scrapiniec chipboard, no name chipboard, beads, sequins
Thank you for stopping by!