Hello Gang! Yulianna Efremova here and I’m so excited to be here and show you another great project as a Lindy’s Master Educator.
For this month’s project, I’m going to show you how to make this Mixed Media Canvas “Eyes”. I’ve colored this project with Lindy’s, Starbursts: Bachelor Button Blue, Azure Sea Asters, Tainted Love Teal, Frozen Jack Frost and Flat Spray: Blazing Black, Squirts: Loonie Toonie Teal to add color to my page. You could create a similar piece with your favorite colors or theme.
I wanted to make it easy for you to make something like this yourself, so I’ve filmed a video so you can see just what to do to make a beautifully textured canvas like this one.
- Cut strips of fabric and use thread to make ruffles
- Glue fabric and scraps onto the canvas with liquid glue
- Add texture paste
- Cover fabric with white gesso
- Spray with Lindy’s Starbursts and Flats to add color
- Add shadows with darker spray colors
- Add highlights with white paint to enhance the texture
- Add eyelash extensions to the eyes for a bit of fun!
- Add beads as a final touch and you are done!
- Starbursts: Bachelor Button Blue, Azure Sea Asters, Tainted Love Teal, Frozen Jack Frost.
- Flat Spray: Blazing Black.
- Squirts: Loonie Toonie Teal.
- Ribbons, photo eyes, texture paste, white primer, eyelashes, beads.