Hi beautiful Lindy’s friends!
Svetlana here on the Lindy’s blog today to show you the process of creating one of the spreads in my art journal. This time I wanted to add some of my souvenirs from Thailand to the page, so I decided to make a quick sketch of the mountain area, where I met the sunrise. I used a photo from my smartphone as a model for sketching.
Process video so you can watch and create your own spread. Don’t be afraid of sketching, even if you’re a complete novice like me:)
- The easiest way of combining colors is to use a Magicals set, because they perfectly match each other from the beginning.
- I’ve chosen Alexandra’s Artists set.
- Wet a piece of watercolor paper with some water.
- Add some magical powder on top.
- Draw some shapes with the lightest shade of magical.
- Make some areas darker and darker, until you like it.
- Somewhere where you want to place a sentiment or a title apply some texture paste (I mixed it with Magical powder to add color) through the stencil.
- While it is wet add Carefree Verdigris embossing powder here and there and melt it.
- I decided to color my chipboard elements with the same Magicals as the background.
- Then I covered the chipboards with Clearly Clear EP.
- Collect all the elements into a composition, adding stamping with black archival ink.
- You can add splatter and a sentiment.
I hope you like my canvas and the tutorial.
Thank you very much for reading. I’m really looking forward to your feedback!