Hi beautiful Lindy’s friends!
Svetlana here on the Lindy’s blog today to show you the process of creating this altered hippocampus (sea horse). This time I decided to use two fabulous colors Tibetan Poppy Teal Shimmer Spray and Afternoon Delight Denim Shimmer Spray, and they inspired me to make something marine.
Process video so you can watch and create the same mixed-media object.
- Cover all the details with white gesso.
- Add some rough texture paste through the stencil on some larger areas.
- Cover everything with white gesso again.
- Spray Tibetan Poppy Teal Shimmer Spray and Afternoon Delight Denim Shimmer Spray
- Add Frolic In The Forest Shimmer Spray here and there to make darker areas.
- If you want to make the project brighter leave it this way.
- I wanted my project to look more vintage, so added some white gesso on the top and made it less shiny.
- Prepare chipboard elements, covering them with Silver Moon Turquoise EP, Caesar’s Gold EP, C’est la vie Cerise EP and King Midas Gold EP
- I covered my main chipboard element (man’s silhouette) with brown acrylic paint and then added Chalk It Up Chunky EP on the sides.
- I didn’t have vintage lace by hand, so I colored white lace with Creme Brulee Cream Shimmer Spray.
- Collect all the elements into a composition, add sparkles and splashes.
- Enjoy! (you can use this object as a base for your marine photo)
- Sprays: Tibetan Poppy Teal Shimmer Spray, Frolic In The Forest Shimmer Spray, Afternoon Delight Denim Shimmer Spray, Creme Brulee Cream Shimmer Spray
- EP:Chalk It Up Chunky EP, Silver Moon Turquoise EP, Caesar’s Gold EP, C’est la vie Cerise EP, King Midas Gold EP
I hope you like my tutorial.
Thank you very much for reading. I’m really looking forward to your feedback!