Hi Lindy’s friends❣️How are you doing? I would like to invite you to my tutorial on some interesting techniques. I want to show you an embossing I used on a fabric which then I used as a collage cover for my new journal. I love to make simple albums or journal covers myself as they always please my eye in the workshop.
- The most important step is to preserve the fabric with clear gesso or heavy body gel as they will help you to spread Magical Powders all over the surface.
- The powder mixed with water would be absorbed in the fabric when no protection is done and there would be no possibility of smudging the colors.
- Trim canvas and papers to size
- Sew card and canvas together
- Apply clear gesso to the fabric and allow to dry
- Glue collage paper and tissue onto canvas using matt medium
- Stamp images onto aged papers and color with Magicals and add color to the collaged canvas using Magicals
- Add stamping to canvas and cover with Lindy’s embossing powder (brush excess powder off the surface).
- Cut out stamped and colored images and glue onto the canvas
- Transfer foil onto images from AB Studio transparency sheet, cut out and add to the canvas
- Add a closure and embellishments and just a bit more Magicals to complete the page
Process video so you can follow along and create your own beautiful mixed media cover.
Here is a look at the details.
The matt part of AB Studio foil is put to the gilding and ironed. Our black printing will be covered completely with the colors of the foil.
- AB Studio transparent foils
- Finnabair mediums
- AB Studio stamps
I hope my today’s tricks will allow you to discover something new and interesting. I will be grateful for all the comments shared.
Regards and HUGS from Poland