It’s Anat here with an easy tutorial creating a couple of Mixed Media Tags. In this tutorial, I will show you 2 resist techniques with Lindy’s Stamp Gang products. The first technique is Lindy’s Squirts over texture paste – Black and White Backgrounds. The second Technique is Lindy’s Sprays over Embossed design – Black and White Backgrounds.
All Tags have a minimal decoration composition – the background does all work of embellishing.
- Cover 2 chipboard tags with Black Gesso and another 2 with White Gesso
- Grab a gorgeous Stencil and spread Modeling Paste through it.
- After drying, add Squirts to both Tags:
1st tag – Loonie Toonie Teal, Poutine gold, Polite People Purple
2nd tag – Maple Syrup Bronze, Canadian Bacon Blush
- Stamp the other 2 Tags, using Purely White Embossing Powder, Fabulous Stamp and Versamark Pad
- Add Lindy’s Sprays to 2 embossed tags:
1st tag with Jazzy Jivin Purple, Ramblin’ Rose Pink
2nd tag with Cowabunga Copper , Tibetan Poppy Teal
- Now that the background is ready you can add stamping with Black Ink, a sentiment and whatever you choose. Just please don’t hide these amazing vivid backgrounds.
Watch the Tags step by step video here:
Here are the Tags before adding embellishments:
See also the ready tags and close-ups:
- Embossing Powders: Purely White
- Starburst Sprays: Jazzy Jivin Purple, Ramblin’ Rose Pink, Cowabunga Copper, Tibetan Poppy Teal
- Squirts: Loonie Toonie Teal, Poutine gold, Polite People Purple, Maple Syrup Bronze, Canadian Bacon Blush
- Finnabair White heavy Gesso, Finnabair Black Gesso, Versamark embossing pad, Carabelle Stamp, Dusty Attic Lace Stencil
Thanks for stopping by!