Hi beautiful Lindy’s friends!
Svetlana here on the Lindy’s blog today to show you the process of creating a wooden mixed-media plate. Lately, we visited our parents in their country house. I saw a birch stump and asked my husband to cut a round piece of it, I then had a beautiful wooden slice to create on. He attached a chain with furniture nails to the backside. So I decided to make a key hanger with a rustic mood for our house.
- Cover the plate with transparent gesso
- Cover the center of it with white gesso
- Take your favorite text stamp and stamp all the background with embossing ink
- Sprinkle Chrome Doesn’t Pay Chunky EP all over it and heat.
- Mix white texture paste with Dark chocolate from Sweet Treats Shimmer Magical and apply through the flower stencil
- After drying mix a little of Stormy Sky from Mountain Meadows with some water
- Apply it over the bottom side of the plate
- To intensify the color add some more Stormy Sky
- Sprinkle Blazing Sun from Glitz Spritz SET to the upper part of the plate
- To highlight the flower pattern use Glitzy Gold and Snazzy Sparkle from Glitzy Magicals, mixing them with a little water
- Prepare some elements: dye cloth petals and leaves with Stormy Sky from Mountain Meadows and Clam Bake Beige Shimmer Spray
- Stamp some paper flowers with clear embossing ink and apply MAGIC Moon Pearls EP over it
- Sprinkle Glory of the Seas Gold Shimmer Spray and Steel Shimmer from Glitz Spritz SET
- Dye clay elements with Stormy Sky from Mountain Meadows
- Cover paper leaves with Chalk It Up Chunky EP, Lapis Lazuli Blue Gold EP
- Collect all the elements together, add some flowers, glitter and beads.
- Add some color to clay elements and flowers with Glitzy Gold and Snazzy Sparkle from Glitzy Magicals
- Add some stamping with black archival ink here and there
- Sprinkle with some white acrylic paint all over the plate
- Sprays: Blazing Sun from Glitz Spritz SET, Clam Bake Beige Shimmer Spray, Glory of the Seas Gold Shimmer Spray, Steel Shimmer from Glitz Spritz SET
- Magicals: Dark chocolate from Sweet Treats Shimmer Magical, Glitzy Gold and Snazzy Sparkle from Glitzy Magicals, Stormy Sky from Mountain Meadows,
- Embossing Powder: Chrome Doesn’t Pay Chunky EP, MAGIC Moon Pearls EP, Chalk It Up Chunky EP, Lapis Lazuli Blue Gold EP
I hope you like my project and the tutorial. Thank you very much for reading. I’m really looking forward to your feedback!