Hi gorgeous friends!
It’s Olga Ravenskaya here today with my new project and video tutorial.
I wanted to try how will be working Glitzy Magicals set on black and dark surfaces. And I have to say – it’s an absolutely fantastic effect! Have a look at my Glitzy Door.
Sharing with your several tips that I’ve used in my project.
Glitzy Magicals and any transparent gloss gel for altering chipboard and metal embellishments
- Cover your chipboard pieces or metal embellishments with black gesso.
- Mix a little amount of any transparent gloss gel with Glitzy Magicals – I’ve used Ritzy Rose Gold, Snazzy Sparkle and Scintillating Silver.
- Paint your chipboard by those mixtures using an old thin brush.
- After full drying (it takes a couple of minutes) you’ll get a gorgeous glossy wax-looking effect – have a look at the thin brunch on the photo below.
Glitzy Magicals and Sprays for creating beautiful die-cut pieces
- Take a sheet of watercolor paper and fix it on the table using masking tape.
- Spray over the paper using 3 or 4 dark colors, mixing them while spraying. I’ve used Black Orchid Silver, Silent Night Silver, Magnolia Magenta Gold and Open Arms Amethyst sprays.
- While wet, sprinkle over the sheet Glitzy Magicals using a fan brush – I’ve used Ritzy Rose Gold, Snazzy Sparkle and Scintillating Silver Magicals.
- Let them dry naturally and then die cut your designs. You’ll get beautiful die-cut elements with a touch of silver and pearl.
Glitzy Magicals and any black gesso for creating a background
- Prime your canvas or wooden board with black gesso and apply a pattern through the stencil using black texture paste.
- Sprinkle over the surface Glitzy Magicals here and there, add a little water from the sprayer and let it dry naturally. I’ve used Ritzy Rose Gold, Snazzy Sparkle and Scintillating Silver Magicals.
- If you want to add shades of colors – spray over with different sprays. I’ve used Black Orchid Silver, Silent Night Silver and Open Arms Amethyst sprays.
- Let them dry and repeat step 2 – you’ll get a fantastic textured background with silver, pearl and rose gold accents.
Here is my process video, hoping you’ll enjoy it!
And a couple pics of close-ups as a little inspiration.
- Magicals: Glitzy Magicals
- Starbursts: Black Orchid Silver, Silent Night Silver, Magnolia Magenta Gold and Open Arms Ametyst
- EPs: Oom Pah Pah Pink, Silver Moon Sapphire, Of Quartz It Is, Chip Off the Old Black
- black gesso, chipboard, flowers, lace, microbeads.
Thank you for stopping by!