Today I’m up on Lindy’s Gang blog with an industrial themed mixed media panel. The 10 years old son of my friend likes to take apart machines like computers … and I was very happy when he gives one of his treasures: a motherboard, that I’ve used on my layout.
- Glue a piece of collage paper with Soft Matte Gel and the motherboard with Heavy Body Gel
- Prime the motherboard with Black Gesso
- And collage paper with Clear Gesso
- Build your composition on the line between the motherboard and the collage paper
- Add some Art Stones to fill the empty spaces
- Cover the embellishments on top of the motherboard with Black Gesso and the others with White Gesso
- Spray with Red Hot Poker Orange, Cattail Copper Brown, and Silent Night Silver
- Add a layer of White Gesso to cover the embellishments and the motherboard: the colors of the inks will show through the Gesso
- Add some Snazzy Sparkle and Scintillating Silver on top of the embellishments and add Tainted Love Teal as well
- Highlight the details with waxes: Rich Copper, Brushed Iron and White Gold
- To finish, add some black glitter.
I hope you will enjoy the video:
Lindy’s Gang products
- Starburst – Cattail Copper Brown, Red Hot Poker Orange, Tainted Love Teal, Silent Night Silver;
- Glitz Magical – Snazzy Sparkle, Scintillating Silver (Glitzy Magical set).