Hi friends! Julia Kissel is here with you. Once, in a country house, I found several old plywoods and sometimes use them in my projects. Working with natural materials is a special pleasure for me. A plywood has become a cute vintage panel. Lindy’s Magicals and embossing powders helped me with this. I used the Magical Totally 80’s set – Bodacious Blush, Gad Me With A Spoon Gray, Cowabunga Copper, Pretty In Pink Pink, Midnight Rendezvous. Embossing Powders – Tin Roof, Rusted! Chunky EP, Hibiscus Rose Orange and Starburst Spray – Salt Water Taffy
Step-by-step video process:
- Cover the workpiece with white gesso, leaving the wood texture. Then dry it.
- Randomly coat the surface with coarse textured paste.
- Spray the surface with a mild shade. Used Starburst Spray – Salt Water Taffy
- Don’t dry. In some places sprinkle with powder of a similar shade. Used Hibiscus Rose Orange
- Paint the background using Magicals set – Totally 80’s It is convenient for me to work with a thin brush, diluting paints in a glass of water.
- Coat the wooden frame with Tin Roof, Rusted! Embossing Powder. It gives that special vintage golden glow!
- Using distress ink make stamps on watercolor paper and cut them out. I wanted the outline to become blurred when painting. Here I used several colors of the Magicals Totally 80’s set – Gad Me With A Spoon Gray, Cowabunga Copper and Pretty In Pink Pink colors.
- Spray the chipboard with Starburst Spray – Salt Water Taffy and Magical – Pretty In Pink Pink color.
- Assemble and glue the composition of various materials. Here I have dried flowers.
- Finally, add a few drops of white gesso and you’re done!
- Magical Totally 80’s set – Bodacious Blush, Gad Me With A Spoon Gray, Cowabunga Copper, Pretty In Pink Pink, Midnight Rendezvous
- Embossing Powders – Tin Roof, Rusted! Chunky EP, Hibiscus Rose Orange
- Starburst Spray – Salt Water Taffy
Expressions Craft: Ground Texture Paste – Mud Brown, Finnabair: White Heavy Gesso, 3D Matte Gel, Derevyashki & Bumazhki wood embellishments, Woodyscrap Chipboards, A.B.Studio scrapbooking paper
Have a good time!