Hi, beautiful gang!
Today I decided to dive into the jewelry world and create several unique rings. I will show you a simple way to make your own striking rings! You will need minimum mixed media materials, but the essentials are our Lindy´s Magicals and the fantastic chunky Metal Maniacs embossing powders.
Enjoy the video!
- First of all, I attached some chosen zinc alloy embellishments (pendants) to the ring blanks. The best way to do it is using a really sticky but flexible in use Heavy Body Gel (or any other gel adhesive).
- When the gel is set, I mixed together some white gesso and our wonderful Magicals (first Cowabunga Copper, then added some Midnight Rendezvous to it – all from the Totally 80’s Shimmer Magicals set). This way I created my own acrylic paints with metallic shimmer. I painted the rings with these paints.
- Then, I added some rhinestones to the center of two rings with the same Heavy Body Gel.
- When all the surfaces were dry, I took out my beloved chunky EPs. I chose Tin Roof, Rusted! and Chip Off the Old Black from the Metal Maniacs set. I applied the dry powder to the rings here and there, especially around the rhinestones, attaching the powders to the Soft Gloss Gel. But any acrylic medium, gel or mixed media glue will work here. The heated EPs melt and turn into liquid metal 🙂 This looks so awesome on the metallic surfaces. Randomly hot melt chunky EP turned my cheap zinc alloy rings into rather old and rusty, but exquisite jewelry.
- I also applied some toppings (microbeads, metal dust) to a couple of rings, gluing them onto the Soft Gloss Gel. This added some extra emphasis to the center of the rings. Toppings can be a great addition, but it is definitely not essential, because the chunky EPs are just so beautiful on their own.
Let´s take another look at my new rings.
- Magicals: Cowabunga Copper, Midnight Rendezvous (Totally 80’s Shimmer Magicals set)
- Chunky EPs: Tin Roof, Rusted! , Chip Off the Old Black
- Heavy Body Gel, Heavy Gesso White, Soft Gloss Gel (Finnabair / Prima Marketing Inc), ring blanks, metallic embellishments, rhinestones, microbeads, other toppings.
Thank you for your attention!