Today I’m up on Lindy’s Gang blog with a new video tutorial where I show you how I made this mixed media panel with permanent Magicals.
I primed the HDF bauble with white gesso. Next, I glue a piece of collage paper with a soft matte gel and covered it with clear gesso. When dry, I add a design with a clear crackle paste and the stencil Mind Game.
I primed some chipboards elements with white gesso. I embossed the lantern with Don’t Scream Aquamarine chunky EP and Cool Man Copper detail EP as I want to have more copper.
I chose different Magicals that matched the lantern’s colors: Whale Watch Blue, Jana’s Jade, Stormy Sky, Red Hot Poker Orange, Cattail Copper Brown, Dark Chocolate Truffle, and Show Stopper Copper. As I want my colors to be permanent, I mixed each color with the liquid fluid medium to transform the Magical into liquid acrylic paints. I used these liquid paints to color the chipboards.
Before gluing all the elements with a 3D Matte Gel, I added some color to the background with Whale Watch Blue and Dark Chocolate Truffle. I’ve glued the photo on black cardstock and waxed the edge with Rich Copper.
To finish the composition, I add some glitters.
I hope you will enjoy the video.
- Magicals – Red Hot Poker Orange, Cattail Copper Brown (Autumn Leaves Set), Dark Chocolate Truffle (Sweet Treats Set), Whale Watch Blue (Nantucket Pearls), Jana’s Jade (Alexandra’s Artists)
- Flat Magical – Stormy Sky (Mountain Meadows)
- Glitzy Magical – Show Stopper Copper (Glitzy Set)
- Detail Embossing Powder – Cool Man Copper
- Chunky Embossing Powder – Don’t Scream Aquamarine