Hello dear Lindy’s friends,
It’s Aleksandra again with you here on Lindy’s blog after some time. I hope you are all doing well. For me this year kind of continues to be a struggling and challenging one. I don’t create often anymore, but I have to admit I miss it so so much. I hope I would be able to organize my life in the coming months in the way that would allow me more of creative time. But after some time, I sat again behind my desk and enjoyed the proccess of creating again. I made this sweet altered bird with an inspiring quote and I’m so happy to have the opportunity to share it today with you all. I hope you will like it as much as I do.
I love the inspiring quote so much. I feel so many of us can resonate with it these days. So many strange things are happening all over the world. There are many tensions between people and difficult circumstances don´t help to improve the situation. But I feel that these words are important and can help us in a way, so never forget that Hope is never lost!
- First I covered my bird MDF base with a coat of white gesso.
- Then I added some Finnabair white crackle texture paste to give my bird a bit of an interesting texture. I love the effect that crackle paste gives!
- After my base was dry I colored it, using “Cocklebells coral” Magical from “Mermaid Seashells Shimmer Magicals” set.
- I dried it with a heat gun tool again.
- I cut out some leaves with my Lady E design die and colored them first with “Gator Gumbo Olive” Starburst Spray.
- I dried them again with my heat gun tool and then I embossed it partially with two different embossing powders, to give them an interesting, shading look.
- I used first Tannenbaum Green Gold embossing powder from the Autumn Leaves set and then over it some Desert Moon Turquoise embossing powder.
- I cut out some images from Mintay paper collection “Life stories” and assembled everything together with some chipboard pieces and dried branches into a composition.
- I dry-brushed all the green and other strong-colored parts with some white gesso to blend them in more nicely.
- I added a quote and few finishing touches – shading of the edges, white splatters with diluted acrylic paint, and some glass glitter and white glitter on some parts.
Here are some detailed photos for you:
And here are some detailed photos that beautifully show the magic shimmer of Lindy’s magicals and embossing powders:
I also have a step-by-step video for you to watch.
- Magicals: Cocklebells coral from Mermaid Seashells Shimmer Magicals set
- Sprays: Gator Gumbo Olive Starburst spray
- Embossing powders: Tannenbaum Green Gold from Autumn Leaves set, Desert Moon Turquoise from Sweet Treats set
I hope you liked the inspiration that I prepared for you today!
Thank you for stopping by. Enjoy your days and take care of yourselves and your dear ones!