Hello dear Lindy’s friends,
It’s Aleksandra again with you here on Lindy’s blog. I hope you are all doing well. I’m a bit torn these days between making snowy, winter projects and still hanging on a bit to Autumn mood. 🙂 Do you ever have such, but sweet problems? When I picked up a mdf birdhouse base I was first planning to go with winter birdhouse. But when going through my stash I found so many gorgeus Autumn embellishments that I changed my mind. Maybe I should have done both? 🙂 Or maybe the winter one comes later. It is still time.
I hope you will like my idea and my project and it inspires you to create something yourself.
- First I added some peeled cardboard on my bird house MDF base and added some Graphite texture paste on top, here and there.
- When the paste was dry I covered everything with a coat of white gesso. I didn’t completely covered it but more dry-brushed it.
- Then I started adding colors with my brush. I used few different Lindy’s sprays – Grab a Guy Gold, Bayou Boogie Gold and Milk Chocolate brown, to achieve different color variations.
- I dried everything with a heat gun tool.
- Then I added some gel medium and sprinkled on top some Tin Roof Rusted embossing powder.
- I melted the embossing powder with heat gun tool again.
- Then I dry-brushed over everything with some white gesso.
- I embellished it with different embellishments, cut-out pictures and flowers.
- After that I added some white splatters with heavily diluted white acrylic paint.
Here are some detailed photos for you:
I also have a step-by-step video for you to watch.
- Sprays: Grab a Guy Gold Starburst spray, Bayou Boogie Gold Starburst spray, Milk Chocolate Brown Starburst spray.
- Embossing powders: Tin Roof Rusted chunky ep
I hope you liked the inspiration that I prepared for you today!
Thank you for stopping by. Enjoy your days and take care of yourselves and your dear ones!