Hi, beautiful Lindy’s Gang!
Here is my new tutorial showing you how to create this beautiful home decor Christmas Wreath. Do you decorate your doors with wreaths? It really does not matter if you live in a private house or in an apartment – the wreaths look great absolutely on every door! It is such a pleasant feeling to come back home from work and see your house nicely decorated, waiting for you to enjoy its coziness, right?
Here is how I made my wreath with pine cones, baubles, dried oranges and painted it with Lindy´s Gang spray and Magicals.
- First of all, I took a wreath blank which was pre-made, using natural materials. Then, I used a hot melt glue gun to attach a lot of pine cones to it, together with baubles, dried oranges and plastic crystals (these used to be a part of an old Christmas garland).
- Then, I sprayed the whole wreath with a beautiful Cowabunga Copper Starburst Spray, adding a subtle copper color and shimmer to the whole piece.
- After the wreath was dry, I took two different Magicals and mixed them with white gesso, creating my own acrylic paints. I applied the darker paint made of the Dark Chocolate Truffle Magical of the Sweet Treats set to the deeper layers of the cones in the middle of the wreath. This is how I emphasized the depth, making the big wreath look even more voluminous.
- Then, I took the paint made of Andrea´s Azalea Magical of the Alexandra´s Artists set, and touched up all the high points of the pine cones and other embellishments.
- I decided to add some cool false ice effect to the wreath, so I sprayed it a little with the Ice Crystals spray, which is usually used on Christmas tree branches for an icy look.
- When the wreath was dry again, I added some soft gloss gel to some specific spots on the wreath, so I could then attach some glitter here and there. I used large golden glitter and fine orange glitter.
- As my wreath is meant to hang outside, I covered it well with some acrylic varnish. It is handy to used spray varnish for such purposes.
- Final touch – I added a cute peach-colored ribbon to the top. My Christmas decoration is ready!
- Starburst Spray: Cowabunga Copper
- Magicals: Dark Chocolate Truffle (Sweet Treats set), Andrea´s Azalea (Alexandra´s Artists set)
- Heavy Gesso White & Soft Gloss Gel (Prima Marketing Inc), Ice Crystals spray (Good Mark Group), brilliant varnish spray (Lefranc & Bourgeois), glitters, hot melt glue, pine cones, dried oranges, plastic crystals, baubles.
Thank you very much for your attention!
All the best,