Hi gorgeous friends!
Olga here with a new project and video tutorial featured fabulous Lindy’s Magicals, Sprays and Embossing Powders.
Christmas mood is everywhere around us so I couldn’t resist creating wooden winter cards as a charming addition to my normal Christmas gifts. Their size is 5,5″x3,5″ – so they can easily be added to a gift box or even to an envelope.
And I have a little surprise for you! If you love these cards and want to get a chance to win one of them for yourself and the second one for a beloved person or friend – please follow Lindy’s Creative Gang Facebook Group and make sure to leave a comment under my giveaway post in the group.
Today I’m sharing with you how I’ve been created a card with a cute fox. But technics which I’ve used are similar for both cards.
- Prime the wooden base with a white gesso
- Add the pattern around the edges using a stamp, sprinkle it over with an embossing powder, and warm it with a heat gun
- Sprinkle a couple of matching Magicals over the surface and add a little water. I’ve used Stormy Silver Magical Shaker and Bodacious Blush Magical
- While it’s wet add Scintillating Magical for a fabulous sparkling silver using a fan brush. Repeat this step 2 or more times to get the desired color depth
- Then add background stamps – I’ve used trees ornament
- To complicate the background – add matching Sprays with a fun brush. I’ve used Black Orchid Silver, Silent Night Silver, Bodacious Blush and for a snowy effect my fav Sidewalk Chalk Flatfabio.
- Then add a pattern using white or transparent modeling paste through the stencil and sprinkle it over with a glitter
- Emboss the chipboard and metal elements using two colors of embossing powders. I’ve used Purely White and Morning Glory Azure
- Build up the composition and glue everything
- As a final step add transparent paste with a white glitter here and there for a frosty effect
Here is my process video.
Dears sorry for the quality of the video – I had to shoot it using an electric lamp coz at that time of the year it’s awfully dark at my place. Hoping you’ll enjoy it despite of that fact!
And some close-ups as a little inspiration.
- Magicals: Glitzy Magicals, Bodacious Blush Magical
- Shakers: Stormy Silver
- Starbursts: Silent Night Silver, Black Orchid Silver, Bodacious Blush
- Flatfabio: Sidewalk Chalk
- Eps: Purely White, Morning Glory Azure
- Finnabair Studio media, Prosto Nebo chipboard, handmade flowers, Ciao Bella papers, lace, glitter
Thank you for stopping by and remember if want to get a chance to win one of these cards for yourself and a second one for a beloved person or friend – please follow Lindy’s Creative Gang Facebook Group.
With warmest wishes,