Hi beautiful Lindy’s friends!
Svetlana here on the Lindy’s blog today to show you the process of creating a mixed media panel. I want to dedicate it to my dear teammates from Lindy’s gang design team, my boss Tracey and Kate Palmer. I’m very grateful for the opportunity to work together with such talented people. So I called this panel “Always in my heart”.
- Glue several clay elements, metal embellishments, art stones, chipboard elements on the MDF base
- Make two holes and insert a piece of metal wire to make a handle
- Cover everything with white gesso
- Apply here and there white crackle paste
- Sprinkle with Urban Amethyst Flat Spray, Sweet Violet Purple Teal Shimmer Spray, Tweedle Dee Denim Flat Spray, Ocean Breeze Blue Flat Spray, Polite People Purple;
- Dry and repeat to make the colors more vibrant;
- Use acrylic pearl paint to highlight some areas;
- Mix this paint with Bougainvillea Fuchsia Magical to add a touch of pink to some areas;
- Use “dry brush technique” with white acrylic paint to highlight some areas even more;
- Use black wax to add shadows;
- Collect a composition of a window and flowers (they’ve been colored with the same sprays) and glue everything together;
- Add beads, sequins and glitter to some areas and in the middle of flowers (I glue them on gloss medium);
- Splatter with white acrylic paint.
- Sprays: Urban Amethyst Flat Spray, Sweet Violet Purple Teal Shimmer Spray, Tweedle Dee Denim Flat Spray, Ocean Breeze Blue Flat Spray;
- Magicals: Bougainvillea Fuchsia Magical;
- Squirt: Polite People Purple
I hope you like my heart and the tutorial. Thank you very much for reading. I’m really looking forward to your feedback!