Hi Lindy’s Gang,
Tracy V. here! I am a big fan of projects that have a “reveal” like gel-printing and eco-dyeing…something about the surprise of seeing what you have spontaneously created gets me giddy!
This is a fun little background with a reveal that can work great for ATCs, tags or journaling. I decided to make a little trifold collage piece out of mine. Hope you enjoy this project…would love to see what you uncover!
- Lindy’s Starburst Sprays – Cattail Copper Brown; Autumn Maple Crimson; Tibetan Poppy Teal
- Lindy’s Flat Fabio Spray – Curiouser Chartreuse
- Fine Line Resist Pen
- Soft paint brush
- Stencil – I used “Cubist” from TCW
- Substrate – I used Canson 300 lb Watercolor Paper and Cardboard
- Tim Holtz Paper Dolls and Words (optional)
- Double-sided tape
- Use mixed media paper or journal. I cut my paper into 5″ x 4″ squares.
- Create a design of choice with the resist pen and completely dry.
- Apply the first layer of neutral-colored spray with brush and dry.
- Spray the second color through a stencil dabbing with a paper towel over the stencil to remove excess.
- Remove the masking medium by rubbing gently with the tip of your finger to reveal your design.
- Collage on top.
I hope you have enjoyed this idea for layered backgrounds.