Hello hello dear Lindy’s gang friends,
It’s my first inspiration this year for you here on the Lindy’s blog as one of the Lindy’s educators. It’s been some time since I last made tags, so I decided to make some today. I decided to go with gorgeous Poppies from AB studio paper collection. I’m not a big fan of red color when it comes to creating, but I adore Poppies. I chose two beautiful sentiments to go with my tags – “Be gentle” and “Be strong”. There is a reasong behind these sentiments. I feel that Poppies are so gentle at the first sight… those beautiful silky blossoms seem to just shatter even if you just look at them. But funny enough wind doesen’t destroy them, they just go and move with it. I feel like there is so much wisdom hidden in this. We should be like Poppies – gentle on the outside, but strong on the inside, trying to catch the wind and dance with it.
I hope you will like my inspiration I prepared with them for you today.
- First I cut out all of the paper pieces I needed for my tags.
- Then I took the white paper and I first covered it with a coat of clear gesso and dried it.
- Then I applied some texture paste through stencil and dried it again.
- I used “Edelweiss moss green” magicals to color the background of my paper.
- I assembled all od the tags together and then started creating composition with Poppies.
- For the finishing touch I added some splatters with red Starburst “Peony Scarlet Red” and black Flat Fabio “Blazing Black”.
Here are some detailed photos for you:
I also have a step-by-step video for you to watch.
- Sprays: Peony Scarlet Red Starburst Spray, Blazing Black Flat Fabio Spray.
- Magical: Edelweiss Moss green
I hope you enjoyed my inspiration today.
Thank you for stopping by. Enjoy your days and take care of yourselves and your dear ones!