This is Monika on the Lindy’s blog, I hope all of you are doing well and staying healthy with your family. I am going to share two bright and gorgeous Mixed Media Notebook covers with you all today.
– Take hard grey cardboard (any cardboard packaging also works perfectly if you don’t have a hardcover or chipboard piece).
– Cut the cardboard into two rectangle shapes (15 cm x 21 cm).
– Adhere normal tissue using DIY mod podge, it helps to make cardboard a little bit sturdy. Let it dry completely.
– Add textures by using stencil and modeling paste. Add random stenciling and add some extra modeling paste and scrap it using a palette knife to add some more details to the background.
– Now apply a coat of light gesso (White) and let it dry.
– Follow the same steps to add textures on the inner side of both covers and let them dry completely.
– Before starting working with sprays and magical shakers apply a thin coat of DIY Mod Podge and then add some colors to the background using spraying and color blending techniques. I played with Lindy’s Starburst sprays – Whale Watch Blue and Sassy Sapphire, and then dried both covers partially. Adding a layer of Mod Podge on the surface before adding Magicals or magical shakers helps in sticking all the colors with their glitters perfectly onto the surface and no glitter comes off while touching or rubbing it by hands.
– Then add gorgeous Lindy’s Magical Shakers – Time Teal Travel, Oktoberfest Orange, Cowabunga Copper and Bratwurst Brown. I used a thin brush to move the colors as I wish. Then dry completely.
– To add more color contrast on the inner sides of both covers, use Lindy’s Magical shakers – Magnolia Magenta Gold along with Lindy’s Flat Magicals – Greased lightnin’ green, Tears on my pillow tangerine and Rizzo’s rowdy red.
– Use Tim Holtz – Black soot distress ink pad to stamp a few designs on the inner side of the covers and also add black gesso by using a stencil to add more interest.
– Now time to add some embellishments, arrange some clay elements, chipboards and handmade flowers. Add some DIY hot glue dots along with some décor stones. Stick all of these embellishments using Soft Matte Gel or a strong adhesive to make the notebook covers more durable.
– Then make the notebook covers more colorful, by using Lindy’s Gang Flat Magicals – Greased lightnin’ green, Danny zucko’s denim, Tears on my pillow tangerine and Rizzo’s rowdy red.
– At the end heat set the colors completely and finish both notebooks by highlighting the details using Finnabair wax – Vintage Gold and Amethyst Magic.
Here you can see all the details.
Lindy’s Gang Products
- Starburst Sprays: Whale Watch Blue and Sassy Sapphire,
- Flat Magicals: Go Greased Lightnin Set (greased lightnin’ green, Danny zucko’s denim, tears on my pillow tangerine and Rizzo’s rowdy red),
- Magical Shakers: Time Teal Travel, Oktoberfest Orange, Cowabunga Copper, Bratwurst Brown and Magnolia Magenta Gold.
- Finnabair – Prima Marketing Modelling Paste, Metallique Wax- Vintage Gold and Antique Brilliance Wax – Amethyst Magic, Prima Marketing- Iron Orchid Designs Moulds, Tim Holtz – Ranger Stencil, Mudra Craft Stamps Chipboards and Décor Stones, Little Birdie Crafts Flowers, Air Drying Clay.
I hope you were inspired to create something today! Thanks for stopping by!