Monika here to show you my steampunk style Mixed Media Tags. I have designed XL size tags with grunge background. I have used my favourite Lindy’s Gang magicals and embossing powders to create interesting textures on both pieces. There is a step-by-step tutorial in which I will show how I made these Steampunk Mixed Media Tags.
- Cut two big size cardboard pieces, I have used two pieces of cardboard packaging with same size.
- Cover the back side of both tags with white watercolor card stock.
- Use a few stamps to add some details to the background and then add Lindy’s Gang Magicals – Bayou boogie gold, black hole black, tears on my pillow tangerine.
- Create some textures by using modelling paste and stencil on the front side of the tags. Dry them completely.
- Use Lindy’s Gang Magicals – bayou boogie gold, black hole black, tears on my pillow tangerine and create grungy background.
- Use Lindy’s Gang Embossing powders on the chipboard elements.
- Add clay elements, embossed chipboard pieces and dots to create the composition on the both tags.
- Color the clay elements using Lindy’s Gang Magicals – rizzo’s rowdy red, black hole black, tears on my pillow tangerine.
- Use Finnabair waxes to give the vintage effects. Add Paper dolls and sentiments from Tim Holtz idea-ology.
- Add splatters using white acrylic paint to finish the both tags.
- Magicals: tears on my pillow tangerine, rizzo’s rowdy red, sandra dee sepia, time travel teal, bayou boogie gold and black hole black.
- Embossing powders: Tin Roof Rusted and Chip Off the Old Black.
- Modelling paste, Chipboards, Acrylic paint (white), Stamps, Stencil, Tim Holtz Paper dolls and sentiment stickers.
I hope you have enjoyed my steampunk creations. Thank you for stopping by.