Today I’m up on Lindy’s Gang to show how you can make your own color paste and what to expect.
For all the samples, I used the same three Magicals: Sandra Dee Sepia Flat Magical, Karin’s Coral Magical, and Rizzy Rose Gold Glitzy Magical. I mixed each Magical with the select paste which I applied through a stencil.
I mixed the three Magicals with a clear crackle paste. The result is three shiny crackle pastes. The colors are very intense.
This time, I mixed the Magicals with a 3D gloss gel. The result is three shiny and glossy pastes. The colors are even more intense.
Next, I mixed the three Magicals with 3D matte gel. The result is three matte pastes. The colors are still intense and transparent, but they are matte.
I continue with an opaque modeling paste. This time, the colors of the pastes are still intense and they are no more transparent.
I used a paper paste this time. The colors are pastel and soft.
I decided to not waste these samples and to use them to make a tiny album. As I needed two more pages to complete the album, I decided to make two more samples.
This time, I mixed the 3 Magicals with Ice Crushed paste. It’s a paste based on 3D Gloss Gel mixed with clear microbeads and clear glitter. The result is a transparent and texture paste. For the last sample, I mixed the 3 Magicals with a plaster paste. The colors are really pastel with a smooth touch.
Of course, I used the same Magicals to make the cover. But this time instead of mixing the magical with a paste, I simply applied the Opaque Modeling Paste through a stencil. I wait until the paste was dry to color it with the Magicals.
Lindy’s Gang products:
- Magical: Karen’s Coral (Alexandra’s Artists), Black Hole Black;
- Flat Magical – Sandra Dee Sepia (Go Greased Lightnin’);
- Glitzy Magical – Ritzy Rose Gold.
- Stencils – A.B Studio (Stencil ID-66, (Stencil ID-68, Stencil ID-92, Stencil ID-94, Stencil ID-160);
- Stencil – TCW (Cut Circle);
- Stencil – EchoPark (Quilted Stitch);
- Stencil – Stencil Girl (Square Celtic Knots);
- Clear Crackle Paste, 3D Gloss Gel, 3D Matte Gel, Modeling Paste, Paper Paste, Plaster Paste, Ice Crushed Paste – Finnabair Prima;
- Paperdoll – Idea-ology;
- Dies – Sizzix (Wildflowers, Wildflower Stems 1, Wildflower Stems 2).