Happy Spring Lindy’s Fans!
As an eco-dyer and nature lover, I am so thrilled to see florals finally blooming in upstate New York, I just had to embrace their beauty in this project…and what better way to represent the bright, vibrant colors of spring than with Lindy’s Magicals!
- Use gel pen to sketch florals on the watercolor paper. A great resource to learn to draw botanicals of all kinds is Peggy Dean’s Botanical Line Drawing available on Amazon.
- Add just a pinch of each Magical to your palette and spray lightly with water to activate. Paint your florals from the outside, in to create depth in color.
- Fussy cut florals and run thru a sticker-maker or set-aside if using a glue stick.
- Use a palette knife to scrape gel medium thru stencil and onto tags.
- Once completely dry, brush with clear gesso.
- Spray with your favorite Lindy’s Sprays.
- Use Distress Ink Pad and blotter to edge the tags and brush over the dried gel medium to create a vintage look.
- Arrange your flowers and adhere to tag, add any other collage fodder you desire!
- heavy watercolor paper – I used 300 gsm
- black gel pen
- small watercolor brush
- your favorite Lindy’s Magicals – I used Sweet Violet Purple, Bonjour Butter, Mountain Meadow Green, Chateau Rose, Pretty in Pink Pink, and Wild Rose Rouge
- clear gesso
- stencils of your choice
- gel matte medium
- palette knife
- Lindy’s Sprays – I used Curiouser Chartreuse and UFO Yellow
- Distress Ink Pads and blotter
- sticker maker or glue stick
- your choice of other collage items – I used lace and words
I would love to see your floral collage fodder and how you use them!