Hi gorgeous friends!
It’s Olga Ravenskaya here with my newest project with a video tutorial – Altered Embroidery Hoop.
Spring is in its full bloom and I wanted to create something fresh and tender to decorate my home.
I’d like to share with you today how to create something beautiful in pastel colors mixing gorgeous Lindy’s Magicals and Sprays with white gesso and modeling paste.
- Mix two colors of Magicals with white modeling paste and apply the design through the stencil over the mesh using a palette knife. I’ve used Pop Rock Purple and Raspberry Lemonade from Under the Boardwalk Flat Magicals
- When it’s dry turn over the mesh to have a reverse design on the front side
- Mix three colors of Magicals with white gesso, add art stones or microbeads, and paint the hoop on the front side and inside. I’ve used Tilt-A-Wheel Teal, Merry-Go-Round, and Raspberry Lemonade
- Paint the clay elements with those mixtures of Magicals and white gesso
- Spray two or three colors of Sprays on the mesh, I’ve used Sassy Sapphire, Tilt-A-Wheel Teal, and Raspberry Lemonade
- After full drying tint your stenciled design with a blending of Pop Rock Purple Magical with white gesso to make it more shabby
- Paint you die-cut elements using two colors of Sprays – I’ve used Frenchy’s Pink Pouf and Raspberry Lemonade sprays. Add a shabby effect spraying over with Sidewalk Chalk Spray
- Build up and glue up the composition
- Add art stones and tint everything with a mixture of Raspberry Lemonade Magical and white gesso.
- Add a few pale pink splashes using a fan brush
- As a last step add a golden shimmer to the whole work using Gleaming Gold Glitzy Magical diluted with water
That’s all! Your spring decor in pastel mood is done!
Here is my process video, hoping you’ll enjoy it!
And some close ups as a little inspiration
- Magicals: Under The Boardwalk, Gleaming Gold Glitzy Magical
- Starbursts: Sassy Sapphire
- Flat Fabio: Tilt-A-Wheel Teal, Raspberry Lemonade, Frenchy’s Pink Pouf
- EPs: Spring Leaf Chartreuse, Cafe’ au Lait
Other products: Finnabair White Gesso, White Modelling or Texture Paste, Scrapiniec chipboard, Craft O’Clock paper, handmade flowers, lace, Mimi Cut die cuts, clay embellishments, Art Stones.
Thank you so much for stopping by!