Hello hello dear Lindy’s gang friends,
I hope you are fully enjoying your time. It’s springtime here in Slovenia… no wait… it should be springtime here in Slovenia, although it’s very very cold and we had some snow even in the past few weeks. But I’m all in the spring mood already. So for my post today’s I decided I will prepare something in the spring mood to cheer myself up and hopefully some of you too. 🙂
I altered this lovely wooden panel in the shape of a heart. I hope you will like it and maybe be inspired by it.
- First I cut out all of the paper pieces I needed for decoration. I also cut out a big heart-shaped piece of paper to cover my wooden panel.
- Then I glued down the heart-shaped piece of paper on my wooden panel and covered it with a coat of clear gesso.
- I then used some Jana’s Jade magical from Alexandra’s artists set (one of my favorite ones) to color my background paper.
- After it was dry I did some random background stamping.
- Then I started to build up my composition, using various decorative pieces.
- I also used some chipboards which I covered with a coat of white gesso and some embossing powders on top. It is one of my favorite techniques.
- After my composition was done I added some white and black splatters using heavily diluted white and black acrylic paint.
Here are some detailed photos for you:
I also have a step-by-step video for you to watch.
- Magical: Jana’s Jade from Alexandra’s Artists set
- Embossing powders: King Midas Gold, Gimme Five Gold Detail EP from U So Fine Detail EP set
I hope you enjoyed my inspiration today.
Thank you for stopping by. Enjoy your days and take care of yourselves and your dear ones!