Hello, Lindy’s lovers!
I am Neena Arora is on the blog with a vibrant and beautiful canvas full of yellows and greens vibes that I’ve called “You are my cutie bee”. I also added shades of browns to balance the colour palette. I used beehive and honey bee chipboard in my canvas that depicts the happiness and sweetness of life. I am sure looking at the canvas will bring positivity and a smile to your face.
I have also prepared the process video of it:
Step by Step process:
- Prime the canvas with white Gesso and heat dry.
- Next, add some texture with texture paste and cover the texture with “Cool Man Copper” and “Midnight Copper” embossing powders. Heat embossing powder to react with a heat gun.
- Again add texture with crackle paste and heat dry it.
- Now add “Greased Lightnin’ Green” colour. Add some water for smooth spread and heat dry.
- Next, add “Cowabunga Copper”, “Ponderosa Pines Olive”, “Red Hot Poker Orange” and “California Poppy Gold”. [ Heat dry in between]
- Add some script using a stamp and cover it with “Midnight Gold EP”. Again heat it to react.
- Next, add “Gimme Five Gold EP” randomly to add more texture to the canvas.
Tip to keep in mind: If you want to cover a big area with spray bottles then spray from a little distance and keep the bottle close to the canvas if colouring a small area.
Prepping the chipboard elements:
- Prime the window and hexagon frame with white Gesso.
- Randomly Color the window with “Greased Lightnin’ Green”, “Cowabunga Copper”, “Ponderosa Pines Olive”, “Red Hot Poker Orange” and “California Poppy Gold” sprays. Repeat the colours until you get the desired shades. Next, randomly emboss the window with “OakLeaf Olive EP”.
- Color the hexagon frame with “Cattail Copper Brown” and “Bling-Y-Blonde” sprays. Distress the frame with “Cool Man Copper EP”. Also, add details to the hive by embossing it.
Prepping with diecuts and chippies fillers:
Heat emboss the
- Beehive background chippie and swirl die-cut with “Oakleaf Olive EP”,
- A sentiment and bee chipboard with “Cool man Copper EP”,
- Filler chippies with “Gimme Five Gold EP”,
- Another swirl with “Purely white EP”,
- Leaves die cut with “Tannenbaum Green Gold EP”.
Also, colour some leaf die cuts with “Greesed Lightnin Green”, “California Poppy Gold” and “Ponderosa Pines Olive”.
After all the prep work, start building the composition.
- Paste the background chipboard with a hexagon frame.
- Paste vellum paper as the background of the window.
- Next, paste the window and the frame to the canvas by using pearls under the chipboard to give height.
- Add all the elements and flowers to give a fuller and balanced look.
- Add sentiment and bee chipboard. Adding a photo is optional.
- To finish, adorn the composition with pearls, glitter and microbeads.
Lindy’s Gang Products I used in this project:
- Greased Lightnin’ Green Flat spray,
- Shimmer sprays: Cowabunga Copper, Ponderosa Pines Olive, Red Hot Poker Orange, California Poppy Gold, Cattail Copper Brown and Bling-Y-Blonde,
- Embossing powder: Oakleaf Olive EP, Gimme Five Gold EP, Midnight Gold EP, Midnight Copper EP, Tannenbaum Green Gold EP, Purely White EP.
Hope you like the process and the Canvas!