Hello sweeties, Today I will share with you an altered tissue box in vintage style that I have made using beautiful colours of Lindy’s magical and magical shakers. I totally love the outcome and am happy to recycle an ordinary cardboard box into this beautiful piece to decorate my dining table.
Now it’s time to show you how I made this:
- First, prepare the cardboard box for mixed media work by adhering pieces of kitchen tissue roll. Create creases and wrinkles with help of a brush or finger (open the box from one side to refill it). Dry completely with a heat tool.
- Add two layers of white heavy gesso and dry it again.
- Stencil with modelling paste and dry it.
- Add clay elements using Finnabair 3D gloss gel, add a few art stones along with hot glue dots.
- Mix Lindy’s flat magical – Mountain Meadow Green with DIY Mod Podge and use it on the tissue box (I add mod podge into the magicals and magical shakers to make them permanent).
- Follow the same step of adding a small amount of Mod Podge before using the rest of the Lindy’s Magical Shakers – Bratwurst Brown, Time Travel Teal, Cowabunga Copper, Cuckoo Clock Cardinal and Oktoberfest Orange. Blend the colours by spraying a small amount of water in between each colour and use a heat tool to set the colours.
- After drying, use Finnabair waxes to highlight the details.
- Secure the opened side by using a piece of Velcro tape, so we can open it easily when we need to refill the tissue box. Now the vintage style tissue box is ready to flaunt.
You can watch the whole process in this step-by-step tutorial on Lindy’s YouTube channel:
Here are some close-ups of this vintage tissue box:
- Magical Shakers: Bratwurst Brown, Time Travel Teal, Cowabunga Copper, Cuckoo Clock Cardinal and Oktoberfest Orange.
- Flat Magical: Mountain Meadow Green (Mountain Meadows)
- Moulds – Prima Marketing Iron Orchid Designs (Baroque 5) and Redesign with Prima (Regal Findings);
- Stencil – Prima Marketing and Mudra;
- Chipboard – CrafTreat;
- Waxes Art Alchemy – Finnabair Prima Marketing (Bronze Age, Firebird, Lucky Emerald, Mystic Turquoise, Red Amber and Vintage Gold);
- Art Ingredients – Finnabair Prima Marketing (Mega and Mini Art Stones);
- Art Basics – Finnabair Prima Marketing (Heavy Gesso, Modelling Paste and 3D Gloss Gel).
Thank you very much for stopping by. I hope you love this altered home decor piece and enjoy watching the tutorial. I’m really looking forward to your feedback!