Hi Lindy’s Fans,
It’s Tracy V. and in case you haven’t noticed, I love abstract art. One of my favorite artists, Laura Horn, makes incredible abstracts using watercolor, but I have always struggled with watercolor. Using Lindy’s squirts and sprays in this Laura Horn-inspired style makes it so easy to get the right consistency and movement of color!
Hope this will inspire you to give it a try!
- Lindy’s Squirts Loonie Toon Teal and Beaver Tail Brown
- Lindy’s Flat Spray Kissin’ Kenickie Coral
- Lindy’s Magicals Galactic Teal and Tears On My Pillow Tangerine
- Watercolor Paper 300 lb and Watercolor Brush
- Uni-Ball Signo Broad White and Black Gel Pens
- Graphite Pencil
- Portfolio Series Oil Pastel in Red Orange
- Start with a few drops of your favorite squirt dragging the color around the page making different shapes
- Add a spray of choice and blend colors where they meet
- Add a second squirt and tilt the paper so that the colors run together a bit
- Use Magicals with a small bit of water to create marks
- Dry and add more marks using gel-pens, oil pastels and pencil
- Finish off with a splatter of your favorite magical