Today I come to you with these vintage trinket bowls, I have altered them just to do my experiments with Lindy’s Gang Magical Shakers. Magical shakers are my most favorite and I love using them in different ways. This time I used Lindy’s Gang – Magical Shakers to create my own colors, I mixed them with chalk paint and acrylic paints, respectively.
Do you like the outcome?
I am totally in love with these tiny shabby chic style bowls. I have used a few plastic bowls (we usually throw them into the trash) to upcycle them into something useful. We can easily make something like this without investing much in the home décor item. These handmade tiny bowls look so pretty and add beauty when I put them on my dressing table. They can be used in many ways like mixing sequins and tiny embellishments while crafting, jewelry dishes, using as props while photography and much more.
- Clean the bowls using rubbing alcohol before adding any colors to their surfaces.
- Mix Lindy’s Gang – magical shaker (Grab a Guy Gold and Cathedral Pines Green) with Chalk paint. Apply the color on the bowl with the help of a sponge and let dry.
- For second and third bowls, Mix Lindy’s Gang – magical shaker (Autumn Maple Crimson) and (Oktoberfest Orange) with the same chalk paint and apply them respectively. Then color the bowls and let them dry.
- Make a few clay elements and adhere them on the bowls by using acrylic soft gel and dry them overnight.
- Once they are completely dry, make a few more colors by adding magical shakers with acrylic paint.
- I made a few more colors by mixing Prima acrylic paints with Lindy’s Gang magical shakers – Black Forest Black, Alpine Ice Rose, Cowabunga Copper, Bratwurst Brown, and Cathedral Pines Green.
- Then color the clay embellishments using newly mixed colors. Remove a bit of paint from the clay embellishments by using a wet wipe to add a vintage touch. Do the same for all bowls.
- For the final touch, apply a bit of Finnabair wax – Bronze Age on the clay embellishments.
I hope you will enjoy watching the process of making, so I have prepared a video tutorial to show how I have altered them:
Here are some close-ups:
Sweeties, I feel so happy to share these vintage pieces with you all. I hope you love this idea and give it a try to use plastic scrap into something beautiful.
- Magical Shakers: Cathedral Pines Green, Autumn Maple Crimson, Oktoberfest Orange, Cowabunga Copper, Bratwurst Brown, Alpine Ice Rose, Grab a Guy Gold and Black Forest Black.
- Finnabair – Prima Marketing Metallique Wax- Bronze Age, Finnabair – Prima Marketing Acrylic Paints- Blue Gold and Vintage Rose, Prima Marketing- Iron Orchid Designs Moulds, Prima Marketing- Finnabair Moulds, Papericious – Chalk Paint (Duck Egg), Little Birdie – Acrylic Soft Gel and Air-Drying Clay.
Lovelies, thank you so much for giving your precious time. Looking forward to hearing from you, please leave some love in the comment section.
Much love and hugs