Hello crafty friends! It’s Asia here with new project and an easy technique of resist heat embossing. as always- something simple but so effective! It’s such a common technique yet we quite often forget to use it. It’s been a while for me as well, but finally here it is, a little in the steampunk spirit.
Here are some simple steps to follow while using the heat embossing technique:
- Prepare your paper and a stamp (it’s good to use stamping platform to stamp few times and be sure the image is crisp), clean the paper with antistatic tool and then use the stamp with embossing ink
- When the paper is ready, apply embossing powder- I used Wowzers White, super fine, really great powder to emboss intricate stamps and heat set it
- If you are happy with your stamped image, apply the paints. I used three of the Magicals from Lindy’s set- go greased Lighntin’: Tears on my Pillow Tangerine, Sandra Dee Sepia, Greased Lighting’ Green. I diluted them in water before applying them to the page, then I dried it all.
- To add more interest I used lightly diluted Sandra Dee Sepia to stamp few cogs on the page
- I added a seahorse s a focal point and to make it look more steampunk, I added some metal brads and a sentiment to finish the project
Here are some close-up photos and below you’ll find a link to my step-by-step video:
Link to my process video:
Lindy’s Gang products used:
- Embossing powder- Wowzers White
- Go Greased Lightini’ Magical set: Tears on my Pillow Tangerine, Sandra Dee Sepia, Greased Lightnin’ Green
Other Products used:
- Aall & Create stamp #116, Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive, Letter It embossing ink, lemon Creation Original Drawings- Seahorse, Distress Oxide- Walnut Stain
Thank you so much for stopping by!
Have a great day and see you soon!
One thought on “Resist Heat Embossing in Steampunk theme with Asia”
magnifique et merci pour le partage