Hello, sweet Lindy’s Fan,
I am Neena Arora on the blog today to share a mixed media wall decor round panel. This time I chose a romantic theme for my panel. I created this for my cousin’s wedding gift as a symbol of love. I tried to coordinate the colors with the fussy cuts and other paper elements.
I have also created the process video of it:
The basic process
Work with chipboard and clay elements:
- Heat emboss the window chipboard with “Chrome Doesn’t Pay” EP and paste it to the pattern background.
- Colour the oval chipboard frame with “Hibiscus Rose” spray and then heat emboss it in three tones with “Wowzers White”, “Oom Pah Pah pink” and “Boogie Down Black EPs. Next, paste it to the pattern paper and add a fussy cut of the Eiffel tower in the center of the frame.
- Colour the chipboard door lock with “Frenchy’s Pink Pouf” and “Peony Scarlet Red”. Then heat emboss it with “Clearly Clear” EP. Again add few strokes of black hole black magical with a brush on it.
- Heat Emboss the sentiment with “Wowzers White” and “Oom pah Pah Pink” EP.
- To give a vintage shabby look color the clay elements with “Black whole Black” magical and wipe off the extra color immediately with wet wipes. Dry it and heat emboss all with clearly clear EP.
Work with a wooden base:
- Prime the base, clay, and chipboard elements with Gesso.
- Apply texture paste through the stencil, cover the texture with “Chrome Doesn’t Pay EP” and heat it using a heat gun.
- Color the panel randomly with “Black Hole Black” magical. Next, add “Open arms amethyst spray” with a brush.
- Dry it with a heat gun. Then randomly add “Peony scarlet red” magical to pick the tones of red.
- Again paint the base randomly with “Frosty Forest Green” shimmer spray without disturbing the other colors on the panel.
- Add some prints using script and dots stamp.
- Start building the composition by first placing the tag and window chipboard.
- Then paste the frame by giving more height than the window. Use cardboard pieces under each element to give height and dimension.
- Next, add the clock fussy cut, the door lock, clay elements, flowers, flourish and fussy cuts of flowers and leaves using cardboard pieces under each element.
- Once the composition is done, add darker tones by mixing “Hibiscus rose” and “Black Hole Black” magical especially under the composition to add depth.
- To finish adorn the composition with art stones, pebbles, pearls, glitter and a sentiment.
Let us have look at more photos:
Lindy’s products used :
- Embossing powders: Chrome doesn’t pay, Oom pah pah pink, wowzers white detail EP, Boogie down black EP, Clearly clear EP.
- Magical: Black hole black, Frenchy’s pink pouf, Peony scarlet red
- Sprays: Open arm Amethyst, Hibiscus rose, Frosty forest green
Other products: white gesso, clear ink, texture paste, ab studio love symphony element sheet, Creative embellishment chipboard, little birdie flowers
Hope you enjoy the process